April Wrap- Up
So this month was another great reading month for me with 10 books finished. I also made some serious headway on series I have been meaning to read for a while, and they were all really great reads!!!! Most of these books had just minor flaws that kept them from being 5 star reads!
- The Dark Tide by Alicia Jasinska *** This was a unique take on a dark Beauty and the Beast retelling
- Storybound by Emily McKay **** One of the cutest books I have read in a long time. Who doesn’t wish they could meet their book boyfriend?
- Crave by Tracy Wolff **** Guys I devoured this book in less than 2 days! Full review coming at you in a few days.
Also made some headway on series I have been dying to get to:
- Obsidian: Lux #1 by Jennifer L. Armentrout ****
- Onyx: Lux #2 by Jennifer L. Armentrout **** I purchased a collectors edition of the first two books in one for a couple of bucks in a Book Outlet sale more than a year ago now and finally got around to reading…. I finished the first two books in a single day!!!
- The Black Witch: Black Witch Chronicles #1 by Laurie Forest **** I started this book for a readalong and am so so glad that I did. It does kick off a little slow but I highly recommend hanging in there.
- Check out my full review here
- The Iron Flower: Black Witch Chronicles #2 by Laurie Forest **** Just WOW, I read this entire book in a single day!!! Full review coming soon
- Unravel Me: Shatter Me #2 by
Tahereh Mafi ****
- Check out my review of Shatter Me book #1 here
- Ignite Me: Shatter Me #3 by Tahereh Mafi ****
- The Iron King: Iron Fay #1 by Julie Kagawa ***
I included links above to full reviews for posted books. I have quite a few more full reviews coming your way in the coming weeks so be on the look out!
How was your April for reading? Reading anything great this month?
I am largely a mood reader so my TBR is a bit informal, really what I would like to get read but completely subject to change.
- Iron Daughter: The Iron Fey #2 by Julie Kagawa – While I was not thrilled with the first installment the ending left me curious to see what happens next and this series has so many rave reviews! Plus I already own them all so better not to go to waste 🙂
- Where Dreams Descend:Kingdom of Cards #1 (ARC Review) by Janella Angeles- I am just diving into this one, and its a little confusing right out of the gate but I will reserve final judgement until I have finished.
- Restore Me: Shatter Me #4 by Tahereh Mafi- I am listening to this on audio book and so far not liking it as much as the original trilogy, but I will push through to end and decide if I finish out the series.
I also hope to read:
- The Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth– I ordered a Goldsboro signed edition and its just taken a little extra time to arrive with the state of the world.
- I would love to finish the Lux series but I am making myself wait to get a few other “need to reads” out of the way because once I start I know I will not be able to stop.
- The Crow Rider: Storm Crow Book #2 by Kalyn Josephson- I read book 1 last year and was not super impressed but being a debut novel authors often get better as they go so wanted to give the the author a second chance.
- Check out my review for The Storm Crow book #1 here
- Rebel Mages by Laurie Forest: This is a compilation of Novellas that accompany The Black Witch Chronicles. This is the next book in my The Black Witch Chronicles read along as we prepare for the release of The Shadow Wand in June.
What is on your TBR for May?