Book 2 in the Mixtape series
Overall: **** I will say that this book as a complete standalone I would only rate at a 3 but as a companion to Book 1 Founded on Goodbye it really enhances the story.
Romance: *** Less romance and more hook up style than FOG. Although you do get to relive a lot of the feels from book 1 through the storyline.
Reading Rate: ***** I think I finished this book in less than 24 hours. Short and sweet read.
Genre: Hook up Romance
After reading Founded on Goodbye earlier this year I was so excited to find out we were getting more about the characters in this world.
What I liked:
- I loved to see the glimpses of what was happening with Nora and Nash from other points of view. Even though this book was not meant for them to be the main characters they still stole the show for me.
- The characters were so fun to get to know, Sebastian just runs away with you.
- The HOOK UPS!!!
- Kat also primed us for the next book/couple in the series throughout and I am already ready to dive right in!
- Also I still cannot get over how amazing these covers are!!
What I struggled with:
- This book is really not set up to be a standalone as it is the same timeline as FOG and really just fills in the gaps of what was happening with Riley and Sebastian while the bigger Nash and Nora story were going on. Make sure you read FOG first, or even better it would be really fun to read them together to put the full timeline in place.
- There is a trope done in this book that is a HUGE pet peeve for me ruined a lot of my fun, but I didn’t hold it against the books star count because I know a lot of people love it.