Air Awakens series by Elise Kova
Pages: Over 1700 across 5 books
I binged this entire series on eBook in 5 days! and its a 5 book series. I seriously could not get enough of Prince Aldrik and HAD to know what happened next.
I actually skipped over this book on Kindle several times because of the cover art…. do not mean to be cliche but was totally hit by the “Don’t just a book by its cover”.
What I liked:
- Romance all the way through & Prince Aldrik
- The books suck you into Vhalla’s world and do not let go. You just keep adventuring from the library, to the Tower of Sorcerers, to a cross continent trek to fight a war and being on the run on the way back!
- I loved the side characters!! There were so many funny and wonderful additions to the story along the way that really built it out.
- I enjoyed the differences in the regions that were built out as well as the magic in those regions. The author really built out openings for spin off after spin off.
What I didn’t like:
- All the “love triangles” that were thrown in throughout the books, I do not like my one true pairing to be questioned lol
- While I loved Prince Aldrik and the other side characters I never 100% warmed up to Vhalla the female MC. She was a bit all over the place with her feelings and actions.
- I also feel like there were problems that arose that I saw coming a mile away but the characters were just oblivious too.
- I felt like the magic system and the crystal still needed a bit more explaining in the end. The author is also writing a spin off series based after Air Awakens that maybe fills in more of those gaps.
If you liked Throne of Glass I feel you will like this series (although no Fae and less smut) the overall story line was still quite similar.
There are 5 books in this series:
- Air Awakens
- Fire Falling
- Earth’s End
- Water’s Wrath
- Crystal Crowned
Air Awakens Synopsis:
A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable magic bond…
The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.
Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all–the Crown Prince Aldrik–she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.
Have you read Air Awakens? Tell me what you think about it below in the comments?