Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins- Book 1 of the Fae Chronicles Series
Reading Rate: *****
Release Date: June 4th 2013
I recommend if you liked: The Bargainer Series
HOLY STEAM!!!! Not safe for work and not safe for kids/YA. I enjoyed this book so much and immediately had to dive in a binge read the others in the series! This is 100% an adult romance book lots of steam, gore, and Oh Dear, Rhyder! This was a fast paced paranormal romance story with an extra dark twist to it.
What I liked:
- I enjoyed the darkness of the story you know you are going to lose people and that everyone might not get a happy ending.
- Lots and lots of steam!
- Amelia had an interesting take on Fae and other creatures being integrated into the human world.
What I struggled with:
- This book and the whole series take the steamy scenes to quite a dark place that could also be triggers or just taken to far for a lot of readers.
- There is always a little cliche in these types or paranormal romances, which I don’t mind at all but if you are looking for something to break the mold this is not it.
- The Female MC certainly makes some rash choices running headlong into danger and being stubborn.
The author is working on the final book in this series to be released soon. She has also written several standalone spin offs as well as other series that are spin offs but tie into the overall story line of the world. Amelia is also a hilarious social media follow and is very active with her fans, but just like her books she is NSFW 🙂
Have you ever heard of the old Celtic legends of the Fae—beautiful, magical, and deadly creatures that have a love of messing with humans just for kicks and giggles?
Welcome to my world.
What started out as a strange assignment, lead to one of the most gruesome murder mysteries of our times. My friends and I are set and determined to find out who is killing off Fae and Witches alike.
Couple of problems in the way – I hate the Fae and the Prince of the Dark Fae is bound and determined that I work for him. He’s a rude, overbearing egotistical ass with a compulsive need to possess, dominate and control me. Oh—did I mention that he is absolutely sex-on-a-stick gorgeous and he makes me feel things that I never ever wanted to feel for a Fae… every time he touches me or looks at me with those dangerous golden eyes he seems to pull me further in under his spell, despite my better judgment.
My friends and I can’t trust anyone and nothing is as it seems on the surface—not even me.