- Overall rating: ****
- Reading rate: *****
- Romance: ****
- Recommended if you liked: Other JLA Works
I am a pretty big JLA fan so I cannot believe that it took my so long to get to her LUX series. I read the first two books in just about 2 days and was so bummed when I realized I had the 5th book and not the 3rd like I thought. An urgent Amazon order had to be placed!
I dont read a whole lot of sci-fi but it was really neat to read an Alien book in a style of writing I really enjoy.
What I liked:
- I loved that the female MC is a bookworm and book blogger.
- Fast paced and sucks you right in, you just have to keep reading to find out what happens next!
- In typical JLA fashion you are on a total romance roller coaster screaming at the characters to give in already!! Sounds negative but it makes the book so much more exciting and I could not put the story down!
What I struggled with:
- There is a bit of bullying in the beginning and for me that is super frustrating, but it more than makes up for it as the book goes on.
- I feel like some of the major reveals were predictable but there were still some curve balls thrown at you so the story was still overall very enjoyable.