Unboxing & Review: Illumicrate Glamour and Gold Special Edition
- Theme: Special edition for the release of Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare
- Overall: ****
- Cost: $ USD including shipping
- Quality of Items: ****
- Value for the Money:****
- Shipping: *** This box was expected to ship in March around the release of the book was late due to COVID-19 which I dont hold against the company and they communicated well about. One of the items will need to be reprinted and sent out. Due to factory closures there is no estimated time for that replacement. Because they are based out of the UK the cost of shipping to the US
Whats in the box:
- Cortana Inspired Letter Opener by @fableandblack
- Infernal Devices triglyph with art by @rosiethorns88
- Tea for One set with art by @chattynora
- Shadowhunter Playing cards designed by @merwildandco (these are actually having to be reprinted due to a misrepresentation of a few characters)
- Mortal Instruments Blanket by @yoshitani
- Black and white art prints by @arz28
- Exclusive Edition of Chain of Gold with Cassandra Clare stamped signature. I didn’t realize this was only going to be stamped and not signed until I received it so was pretty bummed there, but the book is gorgeous and the sprayed edges are done perfectly.
Overall I was not super satisfied with this box and the only thing I plan on keeping is the Cortana letter opener. Time after time i am finding myself dissatisfied with llumicrate and their customer service and shipping experience, but FOMO of their special edition books has me hanging on. The only thing that is a saving grace is their items usually resell for enough to recover the money I feel I wasted.