Covet by Tracey Wolff Book Review, Book 3 in the Crave series
Reading Rate: *****
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Recommend if you liked: Vampire Academy, Shadowhunters, Jennifer L Armentrout works
Spoiler for the prior books in the series Crave and Crush, but you can check out my spoiler free review of Book 1, Crave here
I was so so so excited for this book release. I very rarely read books as they come out but I could not help myself in needing to know what happened next after the way Tracey ended Crush. Overall this was another fast paced and fun book that I devoured in about two days. While overall the story was still fun, it took on more serious notes that the prior books and even had me tearing up a few times.
What I liked:
- I loved that I was not sure what was going to happen, while I jumped ship to #teamhudson towards the end of Crush I still had no idea which guy Grace was going to end up with.
- The crew got out of the school even more in book and we got to see a lot of new places and meet new characters/creatures.
- While the whole love triangle is going on there is still this whole other in depth story line that is still being built, the romance does not steal or stop the show.
What I struggled with:
- Some things were a bit repetitive with school activities and interactions between characters.
- While the characters make some rash and not well thought out decisions I have to keep in mind that most of the characters even with being supernatural are still only in High School.
Needless to say I cannot wait for the final book Crowned to release in September to find out how Tracey ends this story…. And to put me out of my misery (JK, JK).
I may have reached my breaking point. As if trying to graduate from a school for supernaturals isn’t stressful enough, my relationship status has gone from complicated to a straight-up dumpster fire.
Oh, and the Bloodletter has decided to drop a bomb of epic proportions on us all…
Then again, when has anything at Katmere Academy not been intense?
And the hits just keep coming. Jaxon’s turned colder than an Alaskan winter. The Circle is splintered over my upcoming coronation. As if things couldn’t get worse, now there’s an arrest warrant for Hudson’s and my supposed crimes—which apparently means a lifetime prison sentence with a deadly unbreakable curse.
Choices will have to be made…and I fear not everyone will survive.