Gilded Ruins (Blinding Night 2) by Chantal Gadoury Book Review
- Overall: **
- Romance: ***
- Reading Rate: ***** Short and fast paced, finished in a single day
- Publication Date: May 12th 2020
- Publisher: The Parliament House Press
- Purchase on Amazon here
Gilded Ruins is the second book in the Blinding Night duology which is a Hades and Persephone retelling. This book will contain spoilers for Blinding Night so check out my prior review of Book 1.
We pick up right where we left off at the end of book one with Darce and Summer heading to face Zues and Demeter to try and obtain her freedom to return to the underworld.
What I liked:
- Very interesting take on the Greek Mythology
What I struggled with:
- It seemed like the same scene repeated several times with slight variations.
- The FMC was a challenge to deal with in this story as she was very insecure and whiny, she would start each interaction saying she was going to be string and then quickly crumble.
- The author started a bit of a love triangle in this book but then never really took it anywhere
- It almost seemed like she started to build out the plot and decided to just end the story instead of tying everything together.
Overall both books were worth the read. I feel this duology would actually have been better as a single stand alone book, taking out some of the repeated instances and wrapping up the ending.
The Story Continues. . .
Summer and Darce are summoned by the order of Zeus himself to travel to the home of the Gods: Mount Olympus, where they’re to face even more ancient Gods and Goddesses.
Summer braces to confront her mother again, illuminating secrets about the truth of her tragic pasts, while also persuading Zeus to allow her to stay with the God of the Underworld, her true love – Darce.
Aboard Poseidon’s luxury yacht, Summer meets her mythological family, while also uncovering what exactly happened to her past lives – and the true roles her mother and Darce played.
When Darce and Summer suddenly find themselves separated, Summer must find her inner power and unite them together, before her mortal time runs out.
Thank you to Chantal Gaudry for a free copy of Gilded Ruins in exchange for my honest opinion