1. Book Sleeves
I have one heck of a book sleeve addiction. I have always been someone to take a book almost everywhere with me, which also often leads to damage to my books from floating around in my purse or car. As soon as I discovered book sleeves I started using them all of the time. I will even use them for non- bookish items like my planner, or traveling with pictures or important paperwork.
I have tried many vendors for Book sleeves but the top product that I have found comes from Book Beau. I have several of their sleeves in multiple sizes.
- Their Jumbeau is the only sleeve I have found that fits those large hardback like your Sarah J Maas or Harry Potter.
- Also I recently have become totally obsessed with their travelers for carrying my kindle, books, headphones, chargers etc.
- The one down side to Book Beau is they sell out quite quickly and have the highest price point I have encountered (for something not custom).
If you are looking for some slightly cheaper options that still have good quality a few other vendors I would recommend checking out are:
- Book Gizmo
- Fandom Sleeves
- Pages Remembered
Amazon also has a few really cheap options that are available with Prime shipping:
- The Book Sleeve fox has a medium sleeve for only $10.99 that comes in a ton of colors- check them out here
- Yesodrine also has a really need book/e-reader/planner zip up sleeve that I am just head over heels for, the only downside being that it only comes in a small size- check them out here
2. Kindle E-reader I love love love my Kindle Paperwhite e-reader. Now I totally agree that it does not replace a physical book but for someone who reads as much as I do… and also for getting electronic ARCs I cannot replace the convenience. There are a lot of e-readers that do more fancy stuff but I love the basic paperwhite. Its extremely light, have incredible battery life and is easy to access existing and download new books to.
The kindle low down:
- All-new Kindle (base model)- still has incredible battery life, 4 G of storage, adjustable lights and wi-fi compatible.
- Kindle Paperwhite– this is the next step up from the base Kindle. While it is the same size it has higher resolution, larger storage, its waterproof, and supports Audible.
- Kindle Oasis– this is the highest level Kindle with an inch larger screen, highest resolution and storage space as well as being waterproof. It also sports an auto adjusting light sensors and spiffy colors. But at around a $250 price point I cannot justify the splurge when I am more than satisfied with my Paperwhite.
I know there are several other vendor who support e-reader, and you can also leverage the Kindle App on your phone or other tablet. I have used these features as well and will pull up my phone for certain locations but I have not encountered another e-reader that beats my Kindle for weight, comfort, and being easy on my eyes when reading for hours at a time.
*Little Lifehack- I dont know why it took me so long to think through adding a pop socket to my Kindle but it has been life changing!!
3. Vera Bradley Travel Pillow/Blanket
This is a little out there for a bookish supply but it is my go to when I travel or even just sitting on my couch or reading nook at home. I works as a reading pillow, arm rest, or a blanket when I want to curl up and relax… I know there are a ton of similar products out there but for the quality and softness I have not found one I like better. I even got both my mom and little sister each one for Christmas and they still use them frequently even though they are not big readers. You can find them up pretty cheap at an outlet or on clearance. I have included the link to purchase on Amazon below as well as a few cheaper but similar alternatives.
- Vera Bradley Fleece Travel Blanket- check it out here
Forestfish Fleece Portable Travel Blanket- check it out here
Portable Cozy-Soft 2 in 1 Microfleece Blanket and Pillow- check it out here
I actually use a strange mix of headphones depending on where I am. Most of the time when I am using wired headphones I take my cheap apple headphones with me wherever I go and have my nice Bose headphones at home. I have also included some details on my higher and lower end wireless headphones… I am terrible at charging things hence my limited wireless use. I got my little sister a pair of the Bose Wireless earbuds mentioned below for her Birthday in January and she literally takes them everywhere with her
- High end wireless earbuds- Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones, they come in several colors and run between $100-$150 depending on the sale you catch them on.
- Low end wireless- LETSCOM IPX7 Waterproof, Wireless Sport Earphones, again they come in quite a few colors and are only $20 plus Prime shipping. Not the best quality but they are cheap and get the job done.
- High end wired- Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones, these run between $150-$200 depending on the sale you catch. Mine are an older generation that I believe I snagged for about $70. While Bose does have some even higher end headphones I love these so much! The quality is everything I need and they are so comfortable (my husband also uses these when he DJs).
- Low end wired- Apple Headphones.. guys I know there are a ton of opinions out there about these headphones but in my experience these things just keep on going and going!
5. Bookish Candles
Yes I know this seems still but I LOVE having bookish candles. It is so fun to me to have a candle that embodies a character or bookish place that you love! A few of my favorites shops are listed below.
- Flickerwix– her glitter babies are amazing and all of the scents are so light and mix so well. Hands down the best candles that I have ordered. As far as individual candles go this is my go to shop, I really only order from anywhere else now if they have a box that I really want… and I have tried quite a few vendors!
- Wick and Fable– They have an amazing collection of candles and the art on the labels is just incredible. They also have some of the best boxes I have ever seen. While shipping is a bit hit or miss for them the boxes are always worth the wait.
Do you have any Bookish Essentials or Shops you recommend? Let me know below in comments.