Fable by Adrienne Young (Book 1 of the Fable Duology)
Reading Rate: ***
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Release Date: 9/1/2020
Recommend if you liked: Pirates of the Caribbean
This was a short and sweet adventure novel on the high seas!
What I liked:
- I really enjoyed the writing and the characters that Young developed in such a short time.
- I love ocean travel stories and this one had a great mix of time in port, on islands, and at sea.
- Also could this cover get any more beautiful!!!
What I struggled with:
- While the story was enjoyable the storyline was very similar to others and it made it easy to predict how the book would progress.
- I could have done with a bit more romance but this novel is at the young end of the YA scale so I feel like it fit the desired audience.
The book does end of a cliffhanger so I hope to see some unexpected twists and turns in the sequel!
But her father’s rivalries and the dangers of his trading enterprise have only multiplied since she last saw him and Fable soon finds that West isn’t who he seems. Together, they will have to survive more than the treacherous storms that haunt the Narrows if they’re going to stay alive.
Welcome to a world made dangerous by the sea and by those who wish to profit from it. Where a young girl must find her place and her family while trying to survive in a world built for men.