Storybound (Book #1) by Emily McKay
- Overall: ****
- Romance: *
- Reading Rate: ****
- Pages: 320
- Publisher: Entangled: Teen
- Release Date: May 5th 2020
- Recommend if you like: The Unicorn Chronicles
- Purchase on Amazon here
Such as cute book!!! This book is on the younger side of the YA scale but was still a fun and unique read for all ages. What book lover can’t relate to wishing they could get sucked into their favorite series and meeting their Book Boyfriend?
What I liked:
- The whole premise of the book is super fun and they way the author tied the parallel worlds together
- I feel like it was a little love letter to use bookworms.
- Really fast paced story all the way through, I almost finished the entire book the first night I picked it up.
What I struggled with:
- There was still a lot left unsaid and unknown, but this is the first book in a series so I am sure a lot more information to come in future installments.
The book did wrap up in a way that left me satisfied (no cliffhanger) while leaving the door wide open for a lot more. I will definitely be on the look out for future books in this series to find out what happens next!
I’ve lived in nine towns in the past six years. I know my mom feels bad about it, but I don’t mind. Who wants friends anyway?
All I’ve ever needed are my books. I’ve lived a thousand lives, had adventures I couldn’t even begin to imagine. To me, the places I discovered between the pages of a book are as real as the world I live in.
When I walk into my favorite bookstore, the last thing I expect is to walk out onto the pages of the kingdom of Mithres…or that the book boyfriend I’ve loved more than life, Kane the Traveler, really exists. And he has no clue the fate that awaits him in book five…
Now that I know the truth, I have a chance to save Kane. But if I change the story, will I ever find my way home?
Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled:Teen for a copy of Storybound in exchange for my honest opinion.
2 thoughts on “Book Review: Storybound by Emily McKay”