Crown of Bones (Amassia #1) by A.K. Wilder
- Overall: *****
- Reading Rate: *****
- Romance: ***
- Pages: 490
- Publisher: Entangled Teen
- Recommend if you liked: Throne of Glass or Dark Shores
This was my second read of the year and my second 5 star read in a row! I admit I read the synopsis and while I was intrigued I didn’t think I was going to love this story…. boy was I wrong! The story dives right into the action from the very beginning and does not stop until the very last page. In the world of Amassia there are gifted being with magic that arises in a form referred to as a Phantom which can be animal, human or even beast form. The story follows Marcus the Heir of Baiseen, his best friend and scribe Ash, and a band of other savants as they make the treacherous journey to a legendary island where the Prince must complete his training to keep his crown and possibly keep the world from war.
What I liked:
- This book has ALL the YA Fantasy elements! Magic, magical creatures, harrowing journeys, adventures on the high seas, trails and even a little bit of romance.
- The character building and the world building is wonderful, I felt like I learned about each person and each place they stopped.
- This story never had a lull, there was always something going on and everything that happened was relevant to the story.
What I struggled with:
- Honestly guys I really don’t have anything bad to say about this book. The only thing that got me was that it ends on a massive cliffhanger and I cannot wait for book 2 to release!!!
Thank you to Entangled Teen and A.K. Wilder for a copy of Crown of Bones in exchange for my honest opinion.
Raise. Your. Phantom
For fans of epic fantasies and sweeping adventures, this ensemble cast will immerse you in a world of unique magic, breathtaking action and unforgettable characters.
In a world on the brink of the next Great Dying, no amount of training can prepare us for what is to come …
A young heir will raise the most powerful phantom in all of Baiseen.
A dangerous High Savant will do anything to control the nine realms.
A mysterious and deadly Mar race will steal children into the sea.
And a handsome guide with far too many secrets will make me fall in love.
My name is Ash. A lowly scribe meant to observe and record. And yet I think I’m destined to surprise us all.
2 thoughts on “Book Review: Crown of Bones by A.K Wilder”
I actually never would have guess from the cover that this is a YA Romance! It’s so pretty and sounds really good!
Not my kind of read but I did like your review.